Everyone wants to be happy so why is it so elusive and fleeting? What are the obstacles that keep us from whatever our definition of happiness is?
The answer: our limiting beliefs about ourselves. We’re always “working” towards happiness and experience it when we succeed at a challenge, overcome an illness or fall in love. We are aware, on some level, of how we operate. What we focus our conscious energy on changing and improving can lead to improvements. Being more conscious of ourselves and our energy is the beginning. But it doesn’t always last does it?
If you are disappointed in your results; unhappy more than happy, then a method for tapping into your energetic essence might be helpful. Do you know who you are and what you are capable of? Do you respond to people and situations always waiting for a clue to your life’s true direction rather than driving your own destiny?
Do you wander through life with a sense that you are missing it?
Keys to unlock your happiness potential:
1. Identify the limiting beliefs that keep you small and fearful. Write down all your negative thoughts, beliefs and feelings that emerge whenever you think of making changes in your life. Purge yourself. Notice how much energy is held in these negative reactions and where they are being held in your body.
2. Engage your reptilian brain. This is your ancient brain that allows survival. It is also the part of you that freezes in response to change. Feed this ancient brain and you are free to fly! Do what is familiar and nurturing as you are anticipating changes in your life. Too many changes, even positive ones, will
engage your fight/flight response. With the cooperation of your Reptilian Brain you can “ease into” transformation
3. Get clear about what you want. When you stay “out of focus” regarding your full potential your progress is hit or miss. When you focus clearly on creating a new potential you begin to harness your energy towards defining yourselves in a new way. Write down your goals in the present tense as if you are already living them.
4. Identify the positive feeling this new goal will give you. Our brains will accept a new idea if there is a positive feeling that accompanies it. For change to take hold there must be a powerful emotional attachment to the new idea.
5. Change the energy. The first 4 steps are necessary for change to happen. But we can’t attract more happiness with the same thinking that created the problems to begin with. We must change our minds which means changing our energy. Changing the energy is easy. Dance, sing, walk, bounce, laugh, breathe deeply. Anything you choose that gets your system moving will accomplish this.
6. To complete the experience you must reward yourself. Anything that makes you feel happy and proud of your accomplishment. The brain thrives on rewards. Remember how much you loved getting those stickers when you were little and managed to clean your room? You can give yourself this energetic boost by choosing something that says “well done!” to your brain.
This exercise will support you in being happier. Once you begin identifying what you DO want and stop feeding energetically, what you DON’T want, life becomes better. You begin to feel happiness more consistently as you live your life more consciously.
If you find that you are still sliding back to the familiar limiting patterns it may be time to work on releasing the underlying unconscious patterns you created in childhood. These patterns are often hidden from our awareness. So how can you
change what you don’t know? The best method I have found is Resonance Repatterning. This is a profound process that allows you to safely identify what you are resonating with, or attracting, which is creating disappointments and unhappiness in your life. Contact me for a session; ozardis.com.